Tuesday, September 16, 2014

My Thoughts on Living in the City

So I've been living in Boston for nearly three months now. I won't disclose my address to you prowlers out there but let's just say I'm basically fluent in Italian now. Growing up, I was so fascinated with cities. The vast chaos that is urban America was always something I hoped to experience first hand. Now that I've been able to fully immerse myself in one, I've come to the definite conclusion that I love living in the city.

The amount of options that I have on a day-to-day basis for activities is astounding. For example, this Thursday I'm going to a battle of the bands show, Friday I'm going to a bar, Saturday I'm volunteering at an elementary school, and Sunday Em and I will watch football (at a Vikings bar). Last Saturday we went to a free concert. The Saturday before we went on a brewery tour. The variety of activities at our disposal is enough to make an active youth content.

I think the biggest reason I'm so happy to be living here is the availability of so many sporting events. Since I moved in, I've been to three Sox games (with one more scheduled for next week) and a soccer match at Fenway. I already have tickets to two Bruins games and a BC football game as well. I love being able to watch sports as often as I do, and being able to go to games at such convenience is all I could ask for.

I know, inevitably, I'll wind up in suburban America down the road. Family, kids, etc. is sure to be in my future, and that's great. But for now, I'm perfectly content with where I am, both literally and figuratively. I could see myself living in a city for the rest of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment